Important: It is mandatory to visit https://gixnetwork.org applying for the MSTI degree through the UW application system.
Applicants must meet all admission requirements of both Tsinghua and UW in order to be admitted to the Dual Master Degree Program.
A. Bachelor degree form a recognized university, new graduates need to complete all academic requirements and obtained a degree prior to enrollment.
B. Coursework in a technical field related to computing (computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, applied math) OR a quantitative field.
C. For applicants whose native language is not English, an official English language test score of TOEFL is required, as the whole program is English based.
1. Resume or curriculum vitae in English；
2. Personal Statement (up to 800 words), describe why you want to apply for our dual degree program, your professional interests and value (including study, internship and research etc.) and future career plan；
3. Copies of official transcripts or academic records for every post-secondary university or college attended. If your institution provides a cumulative grade point average and/or a class rank for your degree, you MUST include it in this section；
4. A short video of no more than two minutes, in which the applicant demonstrates her or his creativity in a form that might otherwise be difficult to articulate on paper；
5. Two letters of recommendation；
6. TOEFL score (for students whose native language is not English. At least 100 on the TOEFL iBT, along with a Speaking score of at least 26. Scores should be within two years at the application deadline)；
7. Additional materials that demonstrate qualifications and experiences (e.g. published papers, patents, or portfolios).
Those who are conditionally admitted by Tsinghua University shall submit all the original or the notarial degree certificate and transcripts. The documents provided should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. All the original or the notarial degree certificates and academic transcripts must be officially sealed and will be permanently kept in students’ archives by the university. None of the above application documents will be returned. Students are not officially admitted if application documents are not qualified.
Regular admission: Submit the complete application package by Jan. 22, 2019. Decision made by March, 2019.
Additional materials may be needed.
l 2-year program to earn 2 master degrees (Master of Engineering in Data Science and Information Technology from Tsinghua University and Master of Science in Technology Innovation from the University of Washington).
l GIX has scholarship funds available. All applicants will be considered, and scholarships will be awarded at the time admissions decisions are made. In addition, scholarship and loans are also available. Internship also alleviates the financial situation.
l The first 15 months in Bellevue and the rest may be in Beijing (Tsinghua University).
For More Information
Ms. DONG Ruoyu
B430-1,Lee Shau Kee Science and Technology Building