About Dual Master Degree in Connected Devices
In this intensive program, students learn how to take an innovative idea from concept to development, and on to launch. The Dual Degree program you in a project-based curriculum developed around three key disciplines: design thinking, technology development, and entrepreneurship. In fall 2020, we're introducing a track of study focused on robotics in addition to the existing connected devices focus.
Learn more about GIX programs through our regular information sessions and online chats. Our in-person and online information sessions introduce you to GIX programs and the student experience. They also facilitate opportunities for you to meet with GIX faculty, staff, and other prospective or current students.
We'll post dates & times for upcoming information sessions here.
Project-based Learning Model
Through the GIX project-based learning and team-work model, students will collaborate on solutions to a range of global challenges and business needs.
Learn to innovate
Through intensive courses in design thinking, technology development and entrepreneurship, GIX teaches the skills needed to take an innovation from concept to development and on to launch.
Lead New ventures
GIX graduates will have acquired the technical expertise, design thinking skills and business knowledge to launch their own startup, join a new venture team at a leading company or nonprofit, or advance their academic pursuits.
Why Choose GIX Dual Master Degree
Acceptance into GIX Dual Master Degree represents an opportunity to gain experience in two of the world's most important and rising economies. China is currently the second largest economy in the world and growing at a fast rate. The global technology sector relies heavily on doing business with China and this trend is forecasted to continue to grow.
The GIX program at Tsinghua University and the University of Washington represents the opportunity for young technologists to gain first hand knowledge and experience through China's most prestigious university. Tsinghua University is not only the top university in China, it also has a long history of producing leaders of China. Studying at Tsinghua is a chance to network with the future leaders of Chinese industry, government and higher education. The alumni of Tsinghua include two Chinese presidents, policy makers, and numerous top business leaders and investors. The chance to study at Tsinghua is about more than just a Master's Degree; it is the golden key to China and your future.
Significant scholarship is provided to outstanding applicants.
Application deadlines (based on applicant's passport):
· Mainland China: Date To Be Announced ~ (China National Graduate Entrance Exam). Please see the program's application codes here.
· Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macao: Date To Be Announced ~ physical application must be delivered to Tsinghua University GIX Office before January (deadline not finalized). Please mail all application materials to the address at the bottom of the page in the Contact Us section.
· All other locales: Jan 18, 2021.
Application portals (apply here first):
· Mainland China: China National Graduate Entrance Exam
· Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macao: https://www.gatzs.com.cn
· All other locales: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/login
· All students must apply to the MSTI through the UW Graduate School website before Jan 18, 2021. Once you start an online application, select “Global Innovation Exchange – Interdisciplinary Group (MS in Technology Innovation)” as the program name. Indicate whether you want to apply to MSTI Connected Devices, MSTI Robotics, Dual Degree Connected Devices, or Dual Degree Robotics. Read our advice to new applicants for best practices.
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to the portals above. Note that passport holders from Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macao must also send physical applications to the address at the bottom of the page in the Contact Us section.
· We'll send admissions decisions via email in early March, 2021.
Who Should Apply
We’re seeking a diverse cohort of learners who have demonstrated a capacity for innovative thinking, creative problem solving, and collaborative teamwork.
GIX programs attract students with diverse backgrounds and types of experience ranging from recent college grads to experienced professionals and seasoned entrepreneurs.
1. Resume or curriculum vitae in English
2. Personal Statement (up to 800 words), describing why you want to apply for the Dual Master Degree, your professional interests and values (including study, internship, and research etc.), and future career plans
3. Scans of official transcripts or academic records for every post-secondary university or college attended. If your institution provides a cumulative grade point average and/or a class rank for your degree, you MUST include it.
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. TOEFL score (for students whose native language is not English) of at least 100 on the TOEFL iBT, along with a Speaking score of at least 26. Only scores within two years of the application deadline will be accepted.
6. Additional materials that demonstrate qualifications and experience (e.g. published papers, patents, or portfolios).
7. As the program grants degrees from both Tsinghua University and the University of Washington, you need to apply through universities’ application portals. Please refer to https://gixnetwork.org/admissions/
for information about applying to the MSTI portion of the program.
Mail application materials to (if required):
Send all application materials to:
+86 10 6278 9207